Managed to boot Knoppix 3.4 with the knoppix26 kernel and thought everything was fine and dandy. However, when it came to installing with sudo knoppix-installer (I tried knx2hdd and knx-hdinstaller as well) I get the following:
Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines/libqtpixmap.so: cannot read file data: Input/output error
Which at first didn't seem fatal. I got a nice little box to choose my installation options but on choosing one I get an error saying that there was an illegal operand at line 128 of /usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines/libqtpixmap.
Now I'm relatively competant at linux but have taken the plunge from Slackware into debian and wonder whether I'm missing something daft.
It sounds like I'm having a similar problem to this post here
If you need any info I'll be happy to help, thanks.
Alex
--
Folding for Team Mac OS X 1971

2.0 LBS Vintage Scrap Memory RAM FOR Gold Recovery PC & SERVER RAM UNSHIELDED
$110.00
Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99
Vintage Apple Keyboard (MO110)
$61.30
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Vintage Mass Microsystems DataPak 88MB Removable External SCSI Hard Drive...
$149.99
Vintage Dell Inspiron 7500 15" Pentium II 400MHz 128MB 4.8GB Windows 2000 Pro
$59.00
Vintage Retro Dell AT101R Mechanical PS2 Beige Keyboard
$45.00
Vintage Fujitsu FKB4725 Peerless Clicky Mechanical PS/2 Keyboard N860-4725-T601
$40.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage Rare IBM ThinkPad G40 Laptop Untested Parts Only
$59.95