-
3.4 17-05-2004 release.
adaptec SATA card (a1210sa) still usless , card detected, then it keeps trying to detect non-existing drives on unused ports, and losing interrupt on the existing drive (settup is fine in winXP, no HW errors, IRQ conflicts)
is there any way i can get a log of te error messages on bootup to post, or any way to get information that would be more usefull to you to fix this in later releases?
I'm using knoppix as a liveCD not an HD install.
-
Xine still doesn't work when booting with the 2.6 kernel. It just loads and disappears. I can't play CD's with KsCD, either. Both work fine when booting with the 2.4.x kernel. Anybody else have this problem? I tried it on several different computers with no luck. Otherwise, booting is faster and everything else works great!
-
Everything works great except mounting my NTFS partitions on SATA - is this a known problem? is there a fix?
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ mount /mnt/hde1
/dev/hde1: Input/output error
mount: /dev/hde1: can't read superblock
Hardware:
Sil3112 sata controller
2x WD1600JD hard drives
-
Sil3112 , same chip as the adaptec card i brought up above.. I have the same problem once knoppix has finally booted.
-
I have the xine problem too.
-
Who has a torrent?
Just that, who has a torrent?
I cannot find the 2004-05-16 iso anywhere
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Who has a torrent?

Originally Posted by
mangancha
Just that, who has a torrent?
I cannot find the 2004-05-16 iso anywhere
http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de:6969/
-
Junior Member
registered user
Xine problem
I also have the xine problem but have a workaround that works for me. It seems it only crashes when I put the mouse on top of the gui, if you might click the movie window and turn off the gui you can use it with keybaord shortcuts and by using the menus by right clicking. I'd like to know how to fix it, but till then this works fine.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Yes, same problem with Xine under kernel 2.6. Shuts down immediately on any mouse over action. Works fine with 2.4.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
renderedbrian
Yet another release?
When is the stable version likely to be released?
--
Brian
I have read somewhre in these forum that knoppix will always be beta. So no such thing as "stable" in beta software.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 29
Last Post: 12-31-2008, 04:06 PM
-
By sdat1333 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 08:13 PM
-
By phaedral in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 03:06 PM
-
Replies: 39
Last Post: 07-24-2004, 07:56 PM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 05:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010
$64.95

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord
$49.99

Vintage Apple AppleDesign Powered Speakers M6082 Single Beige 1993 Mac Audio
$24.99

Vintage Apple IIe Enhanced A2S2064 Computer w/Monitor A2M2056 Disk Drive A2M0003
$495.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested
$210.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99