Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: V3.4-2004-05-16 (small updates)

  1. #41
    I also have the same problem with Xine.

    After loading it from the command line, I noticed that there were several PNG files that it was not able to load. I don't remember what they were at the moment.

  2. #42
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    76
    Like someone said before, just use Kaffeine. I never really cared for that damn dvd like interface.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    Kaffeine is a program? That's funny! Here I thought you all were making a joke!
    Joke Being:
    "Don't flip out, just drink a coffee and let the [kaffeen] calm you down!"
    "Use caffeen"

  4. #44
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    14

    knoppix bittorrent tracker


    Well-seeded tracker for knoppix and linux related downloads:

    http://tracker.tx.se:6969



  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingTemporalDoom
    I also have the same problem with Xine.

    After loading it from the command line, I noticed that there were several PNG files that it was not able to load. I don't remember what they were at the moment.
    Interesting. I have a different problem with Xine. Under the 2.6 kernel Xine launches just fine and I am able to play video files, however if I mouse over the Xine control panel while playing a file the whole application just terminates. Sorry, I haven't had time to trace what is actually happening yet.

  6. #46
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_PhrostByte
    Everything works great except mounting my NTFS partitions on SATA - is this a known problem? is there a fix?

    knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ mount /mnt/hde1
    /dev/hde1: Input/output error
    mount: /dev/hde1: can't read superblock

    Hardware:
    Sil3112 sata controller
    2x WD1600JD hard drives

    i'm having same problem, 05_17 release, boot parameters "knoppix26", i get "Disabling IRQ #18" repeating over and over. Finally KDE loads up, but it can't read superblock. HDPARM doesn't help either

  7. #47
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by yani
    I've been using this card for a while in linux - the trick is do NOT use the IDE drivers, instead use the libata (under SCSI low level drivers) in the kernel. Unfortunately every livecd I've found uses the IDE module which doesn't work at all with the 1210sa. The lost interrupt bug was fixed ages ago in libata, for some reaon the ide driver has not been :S.

    If anyone makes a custom knoppix or live cd with a kernel that works (i.e. ide sil3112 driver disabled, libata sil3112 driver built-in) please let me know.
    any chance we could get this into the next 3.4 build?

  8. #48
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo
    any chance we could get this into the next 3.4 build?
    I second the motion.

    A Knoppix release with the 2.6.7 kernel (just out now) as well as a "no sata" cheat code for booting would really make my day. I have an onboard SATA controller which I use for windows, but it causes linux a nightmare with the SiI drivers which weren't really designed for onboard SATA controllers.... so I just want to do away with their detection!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. * V3.2-2003-03-23 (small updates)
    By Tigren in forum News
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 04:06 PM
  2. Automatic Updates?
    By sdat1333 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 08:13 PM
  3. X dies on updates
    By phaedral in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 03:06 PM
  4. V3.4-2004-05-10 (small updates)
    By aay in forum News
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 07:56 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used picture

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used

$220.00



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00