Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Unmountable Boot Volume

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    Unmountable Boot Volume

    Tonight I made up the Bootable Knoppix CD, in hopes of Duplicating what this Fellow Here did:

    http://www.sysop.ca/archives/000011.html


    I am trying to Recover an NTFS Partition by either Somehow Making it mountable, or lastly, salvaging as many files as I can and do a Reinstall of the Original OS. Do I interpret this fellow was able to do the former and saved most of His Data on the original drive, or did he merely use the Knoppix GUI to move all the Files to another Drive?

    I was able to find something in the KNOPPIX Start Menu that refered to NTFS Recover from Microsoft Original Files, and it seemed at one point it Downloaded Updated Files, installed Missing ones , but the drive Still gives the same error Message on boot up. I checked the FAQ, but nothing seemed to explain what this feature does. Can anyone shed some light on what that utility is for? Am I using it for the right job ? Very Impressive CD operating system..... !


  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Seems pretty simple to me.
    I was able to mount my NTFS partition and recover 99% of my data, I only lost some DV-Editing files and a few programs.

    So I copied the remaining bits of my drive up to my new backup server and ran the maxtor utils on my drive.
    He just mounted the ntfs drive and copied everything over to another drive. There must be nearly 1000 posts on just that topic here.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2
    Thanks - I guess when you are up late working on a problem - theres more Data loss.....

Similar Threads

  1. Low volume on startup
    By PeterTheBike in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 09:22 AM
  2. Can't adjust Volume
    By wmlabChuck in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 09:36 AM
  3. dsl volume overview
    By user unknown in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 03:59 AM
  4. turning up the volume
    By stedy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:40 PM
  5. volume....
    By punk000 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-21-2003, 03:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB picture

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB

$82.00



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys picture

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys

$16.99



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable picture

Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable

$9.97



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67