-
Senior Member
registered user
Here's an entry, first impressions with ASUS UL30VT and Knoppix 6.2.1.
Works quite well PC only when you first get it to boot. I had to use the boot screen, by pressing ESC on bootup. Runs well from USB stick or harddrive, no problem with the Atheros wifi either. For more permanent changes, there is a 350GB NTFS partition that can be deleted and space reused for Linux/Windows partitions. I think I should try to setup a new disk instead, but I don't feel quite confident about this, as there is no Windows install media, and I'm not quite sure about recreation of the special ASUS partition either. In the old days, I could use the WINNT bootloader to start Linux - is this still possible in Win7? The easiest and least intrusive thing to do, is to boot from USB and have a Knoppix copy on disk.
Using an external monitor proved much more tricky. I had to boot with the cheatcodes no3d and screen=<actual external monitor resolution> to make it work, but then the laptop lcd may not be very useful..
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 190
Last Post: 07-22-2007, 04:12 PM
-
By pstroka_taran in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 23
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:24 PM
-
By mithrill in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:10 AM
-
By Nthline in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 64GB 2x32GB DDR4-3600 CL18 PVB464G360C8K RAM Kit #P2
$349.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit
$199.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

ADATA XPG Spectrix White RGB AX4U320038G16-BW41 32GB DDR4 matching set of 8GB
$149.99