-
Toshiba models
Hi,
I've been a member here for some time but I never found the time to post but now I do
Besides it's time to give
something back. I'm work for a ICT firm in Holland and we are also TASC so I'm into Toshiba laptops. So here is a
list of Toshiba laptops I've use Knoppix on. Also have a look at http://linux.toshiba-dme.co.jp/linux/
Loads of helpfull info on Toshiba laptops here. I've might forgotten some.
I've been using Knoppix 3.1 through 4.02 on the following models (also several other distros)
Satellite Pro range
42x0 and 43x0 series (P3) all of these will work with ANY Knoppix all hardware is properly recognized. Even TV out works through fn+f5
also tested with Ubuntu, Mandrake/Mandriva and Fedora
4600 series(P3) , no problems allthough TV out will not work properly due to the Trident XP ai videochip
60x0 series , no problems allthough TV out will not work properly due to the Trident XP ai videochip
6100 series, no problems, will work with any Knoppix BUT in later versions from 3.6 and up you will need to use the cheatcode knoppix dma
to install properly (same goes for the 6050, 6070) also tested with SUSE and Mandrake/Mandriva
M10, no problems video out not tested
M30, no problems video out not tested
A10, no problems (now also tested with Ubuntu 5.10)
L10/L20, works but network problems (just a module problem I'm sure it will be fixed soon)
Tecra Range
8000, works but no sound (Yamaha opl3) use OSS free to make it work
8100, no problems
8200, no problems
Tecra 9000/9100
Has no problems whatsoever, all hardware works. (not tested with the optional bluetoothmodule)
M2, works but not yet tested with 4.02
M1, severe video problems, use framebufferoption.
M3, not yet tested
M4, works but networkproblem (wireless works the other doesn't) also since it is a tablet PC you can't use the pen no more.
S1, no problems (not tested with the optional bluetoothmodule)
S2, networkproblems, won't start unless you use knoppix nopcmcia
A4, sort of works, but 15.4" display so display is a little stretched, network not yet tested
Portege
R100, will not work with Knoppix even when cheatcodes are used, but I've only tested it with a pcmcia cdrom
funny enough Mandriva 2005 will install but can forget it has a cdrom on the pcmciaslot after install, Update 11 march 2006 Ubuntu 5.10 installs perfectly from pcmcia cdrom and works perfectly, everything is detected.
M300, will fully work, even bluetooth is recognized
R200, not yet tested but I expect the same problems as the R100 (not yet tested with Ubuntu)
7020 series, works but only through the docking (which is optional and hard to find)
7200 series, works but only through the docking (which is optional and hard to find)
4000/4010/4020 works without problems
Libretto U100, works but only through the docking (which is optional and hard to find) I've not fully tested this one yet
Satellite and Quosmio
TASC is not allowed to service these in the Benelux. But the 40x0 series will work without problem
90 percent of the Satellites will work with Knoppix the remaining 10 percent usually has a networkproblem.
Quosmio I tested but since it has several extras I can only say that it works but you need to adjust the screen, it is
a panorama notebook AND has a TV tuner on board, I haven't tested the latter so I'm not sure if it will work. It probably needs
a lot of retuning.
L8tr... Tom
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 190
Last Post: 07-22-2007, 04:12 PM
-
By pstroka_taran in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 23
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:24 PM
-
By mithrill in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:10 AM
-
By Nthline in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Dell Optiplex 3080 SFF Desktop PC Intel i7-10700 16GB DDR4 512GB SSD Win11 Pro,
$325.00

12 Gen Intel i7-12700 4.45GHz 12-core CPU
$205.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586
$149.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99