I should have said the browsers display unknown host.
I got Knoppix 3.4 to boot with noscsi option and got kppp to connect but then when I fire up a browser I get page cannot be found. Tried Mozilla and Konqueror. Everything else seems OKay. Where should I be looking?
I should have said the browsers display unknown host.
I get a good connection so in terminal I can ping an IP address but not a hostname....hmmm
Maybe my DNS is broken?
I then edit /etc/resolv.conf
root@toppix:/home/rob# cat /etc/resolv.conf
search nccw.net
nameserver 205.158.183.100 205.158.183.102
# Insert nameservers here
# nameserver 127.0.0.1
root@toppix:/home/rob#
now everything works.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Crucial MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1SG 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V ECC LRDIMM Server Memory
$150.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00
Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM
$74.50