Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 3.4 page cannot be found

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newbury, Ohio
    Posts
    4

    3.4 page cannot be found

    I got Knoppix 3.4 to boot with noscsi option and got kppp to connect but then when I fire up a browser I get page cannot be found. Tried Mozilla and Konqueror. Everything else seems OKay. Where should I be looking?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newbury, Ohio
    Posts
    4

    unknown host

    I should have said the browsers display unknown host.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newbury, Ohio
    Posts
    4

    me again

    I get a good connection so in terminal I can ping an IP address but not a hostname....hmmm
    Maybe my DNS is broken?

    I then edit /etc/resolv.conf

    root@toppix:/home/rob# cat /etc/resolv.conf
    search nccw.net
    nameserver 205.158.183.100 205.158.183.102
    # Insert nameservers here
    # nameserver 127.0.0.1
    root@toppix:/home/rob#

    now everything works.

Similar Threads

  1. IEEE 1394 found and then not found ...
    By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2005, 04:31 PM
  2. Orinoco Gold Classic - found once - now not found.
    By GFBurke in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 02:37 AM
  3. What happened to the Docs page? eom
    By RoadKill in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 05:12 AM
  4. [url]www.knoppix.net/bugs:[/url] 404 page not found
    By schock in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 08:17 AM
  5. page layout: indices
    By senorian in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2002, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage PC Accessories Floppy Disk Storage Case/Red picture

Vintage PC Accessories Floppy Disk Storage Case/Red

$27.00



Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo picture

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo

$299.00



MSI P4M900M2-L MS-7255 LGA 775 Motherboard Vintage Retro PC Open Box New NOS picture

MSI P4M900M2-L MS-7255 LGA 775 Motherboard Vintage Retro PC Open Box New NOS

$225.00



Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition picture

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition

$199.99



Vintage 1986 Microsoft Mouse COMPLETE Software & Manual Suite 7 Disks 3 Manuals picture

Vintage 1986 Microsoft Mouse COMPLETE Software & Manual Suite 7 Disks 3 Manuals

$99.99



Vintage Beige Front Panel Desktop Tower PC DOS Retro Gaming picture

Vintage Beige Front Panel Desktop Tower PC DOS Retro Gaming

$39.99



Vintage 1993 Digital Semiconductor DEC Ceramic PGA CPU – Alpha Era picture

Vintage 1993 Digital Semiconductor DEC Ceramic PGA CPU – Alpha Era

$150.00



Vintage IBM BLACK 4234 Printer Ribbon for models 007 008 009 011 012 013 Lexmark picture

Vintage IBM BLACK 4234 Printer Ribbon for models 007 008 009 011 012 013 Lexmark

$64.99



Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive picture

Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive

$114.88



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19