I got Knoppix 3.4 to boot with noscsi option and got kppp to connect but then when I fire up a browser I get page cannot be found. Tried Mozilla and Konqueror. Everything else seems OKay. Where should I be looking?
I got Knoppix 3.4 to boot with noscsi option and got kppp to connect but then when I fire up a browser I get page cannot be found. Tried Mozilla and Konqueror. Everything else seems OKay. Where should I be looking?
I should have said the browsers display unknown host.
I get a good connection so in terminal I can ping an IP address but not a hostname....hmmm
Maybe my DNS is broken?
I then edit /etc/resolv.conf
root@toppix:/home/rob# cat /etc/resolv.conf
search nccw.net
nameserver 205.158.183.100 205.158.183.102
# Insert nameservers here
# nameserver 127.0.0.1
root@toppix:/home/rob#
now everything works.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99