I should have said the browsers display unknown host.
I got Knoppix 3.4 to boot with noscsi option and got kppp to connect but then when I fire up a browser I get page cannot be found. Tried Mozilla and Konqueror. Everything else seems OKay. Where should I be looking?
I should have said the browsers display unknown host.
I get a good connection so in terminal I can ping an IP address but not a hostname....hmmm
Maybe my DNS is broken?
I then edit /etc/resolv.conf
root@toppix:/home/rob# cat /etc/resolv.conf
search nccw.net
nameserver 205.158.183.100 205.158.183.102
# Insert nameservers here
# nameserver 127.0.0.1
root@toppix:/home/rob#
now everything works.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6 DDR4 PC4-2666V 4x32GB (128GB) ECC Server Memory
$599.99
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 128GB (8 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 ECC RDIMM M393A2K40BB2-CTD6Q
$650.00
4x8GB Samsung DDR4 2133MHz PC4-2133P 1Rx4 ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB Sansumg
$149.99
Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99