-
Senior Member
registered user
Good point mzilikazi,
I noticed the mistake on the apt-get issue, and was thinking the same thing... You have to do a apt-get update, its the apt-get upgrade that could be a concern.
I do the apt-get update, any time I want to install, or search, or packages that I may want to use/find, its the apt-get upgrade I don't do. (1) being I have only had bad luck with it, and (2) I am currently running v3.3, which is one "main" version behind what is current.
If I did a apt-get upgrade at this time, I would be throwing in a whole host of possible problems in breaking pipes and dependancies. I would consider doing a apt-get upgrade is I knew I was current with what is currently out, its an easy way to keep yourself current, that way you don't get into where I am at...
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By TheTempest in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 08:16 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 10:09 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99