Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 3.4 page cannot be found

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newbury, Ohio
    Posts
    4

    3.4 page cannot be found

    I got Knoppix 3.4 to boot with noscsi option and got kppp to connect but then when I fire up a browser I get page cannot be found. Tried Mozilla and Konqueror. Everything else seems OKay. Where should I be looking?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newbury, Ohio
    Posts
    4

    unknown host

    I should have said the browsers display unknown host.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newbury, Ohio
    Posts
    4

    me again

    I get a good connection so in terminal I can ping an IP address but not a hostname....hmmm
    Maybe my DNS is broken?

    I then edit /etc/resolv.conf

    root@toppix:/home/rob# cat /etc/resolv.conf
    search nccw.net
    nameserver 205.158.183.100 205.158.183.102
    # Insert nameservers here
    # nameserver 127.0.0.1
    root@toppix:/home/rob#

    now everything works.

Similar Threads

  1. IEEE 1394 found and then not found ...
    By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2005, 04:31 PM
  2. Orinoco Gold Classic - found once - now not found.
    By GFBurke in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 02:37 AM
  3. What happened to the Docs page? eom
    By RoadKill in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 05:12 AM
  4. [url]www.knoppix.net/bugs:[/url] 404 page not found
    By schock in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 08:17 AM
  5. page layout: indices
    By senorian in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2002, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare picture

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare

$380.00



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A picture

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A

$22.67



Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card picture

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card

$26.21