Try selecting K-->Settings-->Desktop Settings Wizard. This wizard includes a simple low...high guage for setting how much "eye candy" stuff like transparency and animated icons and antialiasing to use.
Hi
I'm kinda a bit of a newb when it comes to linux. Currently running Knoppix hd install on a friend's computer.
The problem is that the computer is too slow for the transparencies and lags. (k6-2 333) Specificly the mouse and shadow.
I was just wondering how to disable this, I've tried searching, but I can't find anything.
Thx
Cam
Try selecting K-->Settings-->Desktop Settings Wizard. This wizard includes a simple low...high guage for setting how much "eye candy" stuff like transparency and animated icons and antialiasing to use.
I tried that. It got rid of most of it. But the mouse cursor is still transparent and has a shadow.
Cam
Open a console as root and type the following command to change the mouse theme to a less stressfull color:HTH,Code:update-alternatives --config x-cursor-themes
Durand

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00