-
'make' successfully compiles the driver (albeit with some warnings). 'make install' returns the following, however:
Code:
root@ttyp0[rtl8180_1.5]# make install
cp rtl8180_24x.o /lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
cp: cannot create regular file `/lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rtl8180_24x.o': Read-only file system
make: *** [install] Error 1
I'm guessing this is because that directory exists on the CD, right? I read somewhere (in one of the FAQs I believe) that with a persistent home I would be able to install certain things, so I wanted to try installing this so I could use the Internet under Knoppix. I guess that's not going to fly unless I do a HD install.
Similar Threads
-
By great_lengths in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-16-2005, 12:50 PM
-
By Cyrus in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 12:32 AM
-
By Bilpo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 07:49 PM
-
By kamikaze2112 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:23 AM
-
By nimdaclaet in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-10-2003, 06:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99