-
mkisofs crashes at 98%
Hi,
I'm trying to remaster Knoppix 3.4 to a DVD. I haven't added or removed any packages. All I've done is add a single directory with a 2.3GB tar.gz file in it. When I run...
Code:
mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -P "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
it crashes at about 98.5% with a segmentation fault. I'm using a 20GB swap file and have over 100GB free on the drive I'm working with. I've tried it on a different machine and the exact same thing happens. When I use Knoppix 3.3 the above command works, but...
Code:
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -b KNOPPIX/boot.img -c KNOPPIX/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda1/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda1/knx/master
would always produce a KNOPPIX image that was only a couple hundered MB (the .iso file would show up as about 3GB, but when I mounted it and had a look around the KNOPPIX file was too small).
When using Knoppix 3.4 I can get it to work if I don't add anything to the source directory. I've been adding my files to /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX/images/*
I created the 'images' directory. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Ryan
Similar Threads
-
By roadapathy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 08:50 PM
-
By baitas in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 11:55 PM
-
By danjelsan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 08:58 AM
-
By sfit in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 06:02 PM
-
By jens in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-26-2003, 04:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$385.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99