-

Originally Posted by
champagnemojo

Originally Posted by
lavaman094
OSS also offers choice. For me, I believe the better installer is knx-hdinstall. I am not stupid, and like control, therefore I find that the knx-hdinstall program suits me best, and has since I began using it, which was when it was the one and only installer.
Which options were in knx-hdinstall that can't be chosen in knoppix-installer? I realize that there are a few things that appeared in the gui of knx-hdinstall that aren't in knoppix-installer's gui. But they're there...it's not hard to edit .knofig and change the filesystem or choose which services to install or whatever else. I was hesitant to switch too, but I've found that the debian-type install in knoppix-installer can do all that knx-hdinstall did and more. I'm not challenging that you have a choice...I'm just saying that you might like the new script if you give it a chance.
It's my choice. And it makes sense not to use an installer that's harder to use (editing config files? yeah, we can do that, but that's not for n00bs). There is not sufficient explanation of what these "x-type installs" are in teh installer, so I was turned off by it.
Similar Threads
-
By ilovelinux98 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 09:46 AM
-
By vvirmani in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 12:29 AM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 04:39 AM
-
By bennyp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 06:06 PM
-
By bel_zh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-05-2003, 02:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

HP ProCurve J9265A 6600-24XG 10GBE Layer3 Gigabit Switch w/ 2 x PSU
$180.20