-
3COM Gigabit 3C940 not detected KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-10-EN
I've got P4C800-UAY
I've tried KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-10-EN
and
the 3COM Gigabit LOM 3C940 LAN is not detected on boot
-
Hi
Oh yes, I have the same problem. The 3COM Gigabit LOM 3C940 and the ADI AD 1985 SoundMax integrated on the Asus P4P 800 mainboard are not detected on boot. I should use modprobe sk98lin to make the NIC work and use the cheatcode knoppix alsa to make the sound work. Here are the results of lspci -v :
0000:02:05.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c940 10/100/1000Base-T [Marvell] (rev 12)
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc. P4P800 Mainboard
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 22
Memory at feafc000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
I/O ports at d800 [size=256]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) A
C'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc. P4P800 Mainboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
I/O ports at e800 [size=256]
I/O ports at ee80 [size=64]
Memory at febff800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
Memory at febff400 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
What should I do to load these two modules on boot ? I use the Live CD Knoppix 17-5 version. Please notify that the MandrakeMove based on the Mandrake 9.2 or the Lindows Live CD 4.5 detect without any struglle these two pieces.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By erikr in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-23-2005, 02:36 AM
-
By Z038 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-27-2004, 07:36 AM
-
By kubikanber in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 04:01 PM
-
By dmk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 09:40 AM
-
By howax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 11:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched
$149.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 RAM 3600MHz (CMW128GX4M4D3600C18)
$761.00

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99

ACCLAMATOR 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000MHz Desktop RAM AMEU16G58H-6000
$315.00

Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested
$4200.00
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Lot of 2 Kingston 8GB 1Rx8 1G x 64-Bit PC4-2666 CL19 288-Pin DIMM (KVR26N19S8/8)
$59.99