Hi Kelmo,
Could you update your procedure for compiling the nvidia drivers into the new 2.6.6 kernel that's in the 2004-5-17 release? I tried to modify it appropriately myself but it won't work for me. I''d really appreciate it.
Thanks
Jim
Hi Kelmo,
Could you update your procedure for compiling the nvidia drivers into the new 2.6.6 kernel that's in the 2004-5-17 release? I tried to modify it appropriately myself but it won't work for me. I''d really appreciate it.
Thanks
Jim
Kelmo's modified version for kernel 2.6.6:
wget ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kerne...-2.6.6.tar.bz2
cp linux-2.6.6.tar.bz2 /usr/src
tar jxvf linux-2.6.6.tar.bz2
rm -f linux
ln -s linux-2.6.6 linux
cp /boot/config-2.6.6 linux/.config
cd linux/include
ln -s asm-i386 asm
cd ..
make oldconfig
patch -p1 <../knoppix-kernel26.patch
cd /usr/bin
rm -f gcc (the kernel image was compiled with gcc-2.95 but symlink is to gcc-3.3)
ln -s gcc-2.95 gcc
cd /usr/src
make (this will compile your kernel, will take sometime to finish)
apt-get update
apt-get install nvidia-kernel-common nvidia-kernel-source
tar zxvf nvidia-kernel-source.tar.gz
cd modules/nvidia-kernel
debian/rules KSRC=/usr/src/linux-2.6.6 KVERS=2.6.6 kdist_image
cd ..
dpkg -i nvidia-kernel-2.6.6_1.0.5336-6_i386.deb
apt-get install nvidia-glx
cd /usrbin
rm -f gcc
ln -s gcc-3.3 gcc
Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 :
Drivers Section
Replace "nv" with "nvidia"
Modules Section
Remove or comment out lines including "dri" and "GLCore"
Ensure there is a line with Load "glx"
Done.
Hi Shah,
Thanks for the great reply!!! Strangely, I managed to do something very similar just yesterday. I'll keep this as I plan on doing a better job of it next week.
Thanks very much
Jim

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00
Grandstream GXP1782 8 Line HD IP Phone VoIP - New Open Box
$59.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07