I'm doing a remaster of knoppix 3.4 and have run into a slight problem... /dev/ doesn't have entries like /dev/input/* etc.
At what stage are the dev entries in the boot process generated? Its a bit strange because I've grepped /etc/* for MAKEDEV but it doesn't seem to be called by any of the startup scripts. I've havn't done any major surgery to linuxrc in the initrd and apart from adding a reiserfs module to the initrd I havn't changed anything there.
Any one care to tell me how/when the /dev entries are created??
Thanks.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$81.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS Motherboard PRIME B250M-C Intel G4560+ LGA 1151 DDR4 mATX + Fan +I/O Shield
$49.95
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
GIGABYTE H310M S2P Motherboard
$55.99