-
need help with modem
I use a hd install of Knoppix 3.3 and i cant seem to get my modem to work at all. I've tried using pppconfig to configure my modem, but when i use KPPP to dial out to my internet provider I get a message that says that their is no file or directory that has /dev/modem in it. Can some one please help me out
-
Senior Member
registered user
See if you can navigate to the /dev directory (K>>Quick Browser>>Root folder>>dev) and find the modem file. Right click on the modem icon and see what it points to.
Also, what kind of modem is it?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: need help with modem

Originally Posted by
lenucks
I use a hd install of Knoppix 3.3 and i cant seem to get my modem to work at all. I've tried using pppconfig to configure my modem, but when i use KPPP to dial out to my internet provider I get a message that says that their is no file or directory that has /dev/modem in it. Can some one please help me out
Same Problem down here!! My modem is a cheap modem (WinModem) make it work is a real pain more info go --> http://linmodems.org/
I recomend U to go Buy a Compatible one, I bought a good one... and the light was made
Similar Threads
-
By ottosykora in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-02-2005, 11:58 PM
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By panthrax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 11:39 PM
-
By FarAway in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 10:29 PM
-
By www.rzr.online.fr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72