You need to start a samba server. Take a look at this link:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqSambaQuick
Knoppix... Services... Start Samba Server
I have already read this post (http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8725), and can access the shared folders on my windows xp machine.
1) Is there a noob explaination on how this can automatically be run? I have been just running it from root everytime I power on the system.
2) I can grab files from the xp machine to my Linux box, but not visa vera. What type of configuration on my XP box am I missing?
You need to start a samba server. Take a look at this link:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqSambaQuick
Knoppix... Services... Start Samba Server

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95
VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95
RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00
Vintage Microsoft Multimedia PS/2 Wired Computer Keyboard KB-0168 Black Tested
$26.95
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00