You need to start a samba server. Take a look at this link:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqSambaQuick
Knoppix... Services... Start Samba Server
I have already read this post (http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8725), and can access the shared folders on my windows xp machine.
1) Is there a noob explaination on how this can automatically be run? I have been just running it from root everytime I power on the system.
2) I can grab files from the xp machine to my Linux box, but not visa vera. What type of configuration on my XP box am I missing?
You need to start a samba server. Take a look at this link:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqSambaQuick
Knoppix... Services... Start Samba Server

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99