Hi,
I am using the FAQ advised method to boot knoppix 3.4 from an ISO copied to the HD.
Using 'winimage' revealed that the following files were 'in' a folder called /boot/isolinux/ in the ISO: linux24, linux26, minirt24.gz and minirt26.gz.
I guess that the '24' and '26' refer to the 2.4 and 2.6 kernels?
As advised in the FAQ (with slight modification) I used the following command:
loadlin.exe linux24 root=/dev/hda1 initrd=minirt24.gz lang=en ro
And booted into knoppix without any problem - great!
But, when I tried the following command:
loadlin.exe linux26 root=/dev/hda1 initrd=minirt26.gz lang=en ro
The boot process fell over with the error message:
kernel panic: attempt to kill init!
Can anyone advise why this problem occurred and how to fix it?
Regards,
Geoff.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99
Intel Core i7-7700 SR338 3.6GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 Kaby Lake CPU Processor - Good
$39.99
Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99
Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$179.99
INTEL XEON E3-1285 SR373 V6 4.10GHz 4-CORE 8 MB LGA 1151 CPU PROCESSOR
$89.00