-
Senior Member
registered user
knx 3.3 & kde 3.2
I have knx 3.3 HD installed 'Knoppix-mode' which I am using as a base for remastering. I have upgraded to KDE 3.2 but the Ksplash display hangs at 'starting interprocess communications'. KDE seems to start OK, clicking the Ksplash screen makes it disappear once KDE is up.
Any ideas on this one?
I went ahead & burned this to CD as I needed the CD right away. BUT this remaster appears to be unable to configure x for any computer other than the one on which it was created, running from CD (on a different computer) Ksplash just simply Krashes (signal 11) & provides 'no useable backtrace' & my backup gui (xfce) won't start either. I think this is a different problem although they may be related.
Prior to this I had burned a remaster which was just stripped down knx3.3 (still with kde 3.1.5) which was OK. Then I stripped out kde 3.1.5 ( apt-get remove libarts1) & apt-get -t unstable kde. No other changes.
Any help??
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle
$49.99

Apple Mac Microphone Vintage 1990 Model 590-0618-A Original Box Japan AUX Gray
$14.95

Apple Mac Microphone Vintage 1990 Model 590-0617-A AUX Original Box Gray Japan
$14.95

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99