-
Senior Member
registered user
knx 3.3 & kde 3.2
I have knx 3.3 HD installed 'Knoppix-mode' which I am using as a base for remastering. I have upgraded to KDE 3.2 but the Ksplash display hangs at 'starting interprocess communications'. KDE seems to start OK, clicking the Ksplash screen makes it disappear once KDE is up.
Any ideas on this one?
I went ahead & burned this to CD as I needed the CD right away. BUT this remaster appears to be unable to configure x for any computer other than the one on which it was created, running from CD (on a different computer) Ksplash just simply Krashes (signal 11) & provides 'no useable backtrace' & my backup gui (xfce) won't start either. I think this is a different problem although they may be related.
Prior to this I had burned a remaster which was just stripped down knx3.3 (still with kde 3.1.5) which was OK. Then I stripped out kde 3.1.5 ( apt-get remove libarts1) & apt-get -t unstable kde. No other changes.
Any help??
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

USED Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 BAREBONES Server NO RAM HDD or CPU, 2x 750w PSU 🚚
$170.00

Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w
$538.88

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU
$414.99