Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Wow! That was EASY!!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1

    Wow! That was EASY!!!

    Hi there. First time linux user, I decided to try linux after reading about Fedora Core 2. So I downloaded the ISOs, and tried to install. It didn't work. I tried everything, poured over the documentation etc, but to no avail. It couldn't detect my cdrom, hdds and most of my other stuff. So, being angry at having made coasters, I downloaded Knoppix, and installed to HD. And here I am. It works just great! It detected all my hardware, and I couldn't be happier. The Fedora CDs? They're already in the waste basket. Thanks for making installing linux such a breeze!!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: Wow! That was EASY!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Xorpid
    Hi there. First time linux user, I decided to try linux after reading about Fedora Core 2. So I downloaded the ISOs, and tried to install. It didn't work. I tried everything, poured over the documentation etc, but to no avail. It couldn't detect my cdrom, hdds and most of my other stuff. So, being angry at having made coasters, I downloaded Knoppix, and installed to HD. And here I am. It works just great! It detected all my hardware, and I couldn't be happier. The Fedora CDs? They're already in the waste basket. Thanks for making installing linux such a breeze!!!!
    Yes Knoppix really is grand. If you have any quirks, questions, or issues after your install browse the docs and posts on this forum. Also, feel free to post questions.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg MB, Canada
    Posts
    15
    Hi,

    I also just installed to laptop's hd. What a snap Thank you to whoever wrote the installer.

    Why am I doing installing this? I'm a old windows programmer, who's spent the last year working on an ASP.NET application. Turns out some of our client's are saying "Your nuts if you think we are going to install IIS on our network!'. So I say to myself, hmmm may I should look into adding PHP to my skill set..hehe. Having played with Knoppix at work I figured I should try and install it and use it as a base for learning PHP with Oracle.

    Regards,
    Obs

Similar Threads

  1. Cheats the easy way??!!
    By bsoderror in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 03:09 PM
  2. Easy way to fix your cd-dvd drives
    By Romkillah in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-31-2004, 04:43 PM
  3. An Easy Installer?
    By patchdesigner in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 02:29 PM
  4. Probably an easy question
    By dhawton in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2003, 09:26 PM
  5. how easy is it to do?
    By a.lost.soul in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 09:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



M2 2280 PCIe 4.0 solid-state drive high-speed storage device 1080P RO 2TB NGFF picture

M2 2280 PCIe 4.0 solid-state drive high-speed storage device 1080P RO 2TB NGFF

$99.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$44.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health picture

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health

$35.99



MICRON 2200S 256GB NVMe SSD (MTFDHBA256TCK-2AS1AABDA) - TESTED - 71% picture

MICRON 2200S 256GB NVMe SSD (MTFDHBA256TCK-2AS1AABDA) - TESTED - 71%

$24.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00