-
Saving settings in Knoppix?
I am brand new to Knoppix and I have read the FAQ's but I haven't seen any info on saving my settings when i log off Knoppix. Everytime I use Knoppix I have set up my email again, the desktop i set is back to the original. Is there a way to use your hard disk to save these settings without having to install the whole thing on my hard drive?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Not sure what version you are running, you didn't say, but, you should be able to use the "Save Configuration Settings" from within the KMenu --> Knoppix --> Configuration (this is from a menu of Knoppix v3.3, so it may not be "exactly" the same in other versions)
Saving configuration files will be placed on a hard drive (of your choice), in the top level directory of that drive, named, last I knew, "knoppix.xxx" (not sure on the extension of the file)
From what I know, this drive, or partition, should be a FAT, and not NTFS structure (formatted).
Again, from what I know, this "Save Config", should save the settings from the user "knoppix", and not sure if this includes the "root" user, or not ( I stand corrected, if it does or doesn't )
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By ozgurgerilla in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 11:00 AM
-
By hal8000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2005, 08:53 AM
-
By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 07:44 PM
-
By punkpaddy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-04-2003, 08:45 AM
-
By ankit in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 03:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99