Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to mount my cdrom ??

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4

    How to mount my cdrom ??

    I have installed a knoppix from a cdrom.

    Now, i started my computer and I have not access to the cdrom.
    Someone can tell me how to mount my cdrom ??

    Please help me.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4
    I think the content of the /etc/fstab file is important ??

    Here is it...
    Code:
    # /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
    #
    # filesystem  mountpoint  type  options  dump  pass
    /dev/hdb1  /  ext3  defaults,errors=remount-ro  0  1
    
    proc  /proc  proc  defaults  0  0
    /dev/fd0  /floppy  vfat  defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022  0  0
    usbdevfs  /proc/bus/usb  usbdevfs  defaults  0  0
    sysfs  /sys  sysfs  defaults  0  0
    /dev/cdrom /cdrom  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
    /dev/cdrom1 /cdrom1  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
    /dev/dvd /dvd  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
    /dev/cdaudio /cdaudio  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hdb2 none swap defaults 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hdb3 /mnt/hdb3 ext2 noauto,users,exec 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hdb4 /mnt/hdb4 vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
    Please help me ....

    How can I read a disk put on my cdrom or dvdrom ??

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    130
    su
    mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom

    Will mount the cdrom. You can read the contents in the directory /cdrom. The command:

    eject

    will un-mount and eject the cdrom.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4
    Thanks m_yates

    But when I try the command I get the message that only root is able to do this.
    And I also want that all users can do this.
    Is this possible ??

    When I try the command in root it doesn't work too.


    Thanks

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10
    Brain

    Try mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom
    I also messed my cd mounting and I get it to work again using the above command. Put it also in your fstab.

    For the 2nd cd drive, just use scd1 and cdrom1.

    Bye!

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardador
    Brai[b]m[/c]

    Try mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom
    I also messed my cd mounting and I get it to work again using the above command. Put it also in your fstab.

    For the 2nd cd drive, just use scd1 and cdrom1.

    Bye!
    Thanks;

    With mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom it works but on root only. Now how to allow user to do this ??
    Thanks
    Braim

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10
    I also can only do it as root from the command line, but if you put it in /etc/fstab, you will be able to mount it normally in Konqueror. In Konqueror, go to devices, then you will see something like cdrom (scd0). Click it and it should mount your cd. This way you dont have to use the command line.

    My lines in /etc/fstab related to the cdroms are:
    /dev/scd0 /cdrom iso9660 user,unhide,defaults,ro,noexec,noauto 0 0
    /dev/scd1 /cdrom1 iso9660 user,unhide,defaults,ro,noexec,noauto 0 0

    Keep in mind that you must reboot after changing the fstab file!

    Hope this helps!

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    24
    I had a problem similar to this with knoppix 3.3, fixed it mostly in this thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...415&highlight=

    I never got a chance to work on the Icons and automounting, so I'm not sure if the directions for that will work or not, but at least you will be able to mount your cd's.

Similar Threads

  1. help...cdrom won't mount
    By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 01:01 AM
  2. can't mount /dev/cdrom
    By coindood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 01:37 AM
  3. cdrom doesn't mount
    By MattT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 05:03 AM
  4. mount my CDROM
    By Didier in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 12:00 PM
  5. mount cdrom
    By new-to-knoppix in forum General Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-17-2003, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Parceiro 1.1 Black Edition for Amiga 1000, 8MB Fast RAM, RTC, 16GB SD, Tested picture

Parceiro 1.1 Black Edition for Amiga 1000, 8MB Fast RAM, RTC, 16GB SD, Tested

$249.99



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit picture

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit

$888.50



BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC

$52.99



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks

$199.00