Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Any way to test the cd

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    24

    Any way to test the cd

    I am having a problem doing a hard drive install using "knoppix-installer" where the installer gets to 88% of copying files and I start to get i/o errors in ther terminal then the entire thing crashes. I have tried this with the 5/4 and the 5/10 release and the same thing happens with both, I have checked both iso's with the md5 checksums and they are ok. Is there any way that I can check the cd's to make sure that the burn went ok, I burned the first one on my pc and the second one on my laptop so they should be fine. I am leaning towards some hardware problem in the DVDrom/ide controller area.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    You can boot w/ the testcd option.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    24
    I will try that when I get home, thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Just for Fun: Test Your System Security
    By sakiZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 08:20 PM
  2. where is cgi-bin so I can test perl scripts
    By bstanard in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 03:52 PM
  3. Weird Test
    By NewGuy in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 12:38 AM
  4. Beta test report
    By eadz in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 04:07 PM
  5. Media test
    By stonent in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 06:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97