See if you can navigate to the /dev directory (K>>Quick Browser>>Root folder>>dev) and find the modem file. Right click on the modem icon and see what it points to.
Also, what kind of modem is it?
I use a hd install of Knoppix 3.3 and i cant seem to get my modem to work at all. I've tried using pppconfig to configure my modem, but when i use KPPP to dial out to my internet provider I get a message that says that their is no file or directory that has /dev/modem in it. Can some one please help me out
See if you can navigate to the /dev directory (K>>Quick Browser>>Root folder>>dev) and find the modem file. Right click on the modem icon and see what it points to.
Also, what kind of modem is it?
Same Problem down here!! My modem is a cheap modem (WinModem) make it work is a real pain more info go --> http://linmodems.org/Originally Posted by lenucks
I recomend U to go Buy a Compatible one, I bought a good one... and the light was made

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75