Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Two Monitors with Knoppix 3.4 ?

  1. #1

    Two Monitors with Knoppix 3.4 ?

    I have a system with two graphics cards.

    1 Aopen Aeolus GeForce 4200ti ( AGP )
    1 Noname GeForce 2 MX 440 ( PCI )

    My main card is detected but the 2nd card is not deteced, nor is any option given to extend my desktop to my 2nd Monitor.

    I am currently on my laptop so I cannot post any more information. Maybe someone can already give me a hint.

    Notice. I am a TOTAL 100% LINUX Newbie

    Okay I am now on my Main PC and did the lcpi -v thingy - but how I do I cut & paste it into the forum? I tried the "normal" CTRL + C in the Root Shell but it does not do anything - same thing with right click on the mouse. Please lemme know how I can paste the info here. Thanks!


    [/code]

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12
    any luck with your query?

  3. #3
    Nope - either nobody seems to have this problem or nobody seems to have a 2nd Monitor

    I decided to forget about Linux/Knoppix because without the 2nd Monitor I have no use for Linux/Knoppix on my machine.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    16
    Yes, I'm used to 2 monitors as well, and it sucks to not be able to use them. In my case, my gfx card RADEON 9600se has the capability, but the screens aren't getting repainted very well. I don't know if it's the driver or X, but I used to be able to do it with my other PC with a RADEON 9600xt.
    Dunno what the problem is, yet.
    I'm willing to try out a new version of X and a different way of installing the driver than using Kano's script.
    Until then, I'm mostly on Win2000.

Similar Threads

  1. Dual Monitors Possible?
    By $hogun in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 03:35 PM
  2. Knoppix 3.4 and Dual Display (running two monitors)
    By nicorelli in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 12:09 AM
  3. LCD Monitors and Knoppix
    By robbief in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 11:19 PM
  4. Multiple Monitors in KDE
    By Simon_Haddad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2003, 06:23 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 08:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



Samsung LS32A700NWNXZA 4K UHD LED Monitor 32

Samsung LS32A700NWNXZA 4K UHD LED Monitor 32" A700 Series with HDR, Black

$200.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5-4800B SODIMM MEMORY 1Rx8 M425R2GA3BB0-CQKOL picture

Samsung 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5-4800B SODIMM MEMORY 1Rx8 M425R2GA3BB0-CQKOL

$319.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 FE 5G SM-X528U Tablet, 10.9

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 FE 5G SM-X528U Tablet, 10.9" WUXGA+, Samsung Exynos 1580

$300.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T307U 8.4

Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T307U 8.4" WiFi+ Sprint/Tmobile 32gb

$49.99