-
need read AND write access to some files in /var/lib
hi there,
I'm trying to remaster KNOPPIX to support an OpenSource Accounting programm (SQL-Ledger). I started with Knoppix KDE Version. Nearly everything went fine until I wanted to install PostgresQL. Actually I installed it, testet it in a chroot environment and everything went fine. I created the cloop image, the iso images, burned it to an RW and startet it.
Now PostgresQL wont start, because it can't open a file (/var/lib/postgres/data/global/pg_control) in read and _write_ mode. After searching a little bit through my filesystem I found that every file in /var/lib/postgres is a link to /KNOPPIX/var/lib/postgres which is not writeable.
There is a similar problem with apache (apache is not part of KDE Knoppix CD).
maybe someone can tell what I have to do to make these files (and some others) writeable. I know there must be a way, because apache is part of the 'normal' Knoppix CD.
There must be a possibility to change this.
hope anyone can help.
so long,
red
Similar Threads
-
By kevingpo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-08-2005, 10:48 PM
-
By greygooseplz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 12:17 AM
-
By Needtoknow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 02:27 AM
-
By blt975 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-13-2004, 10:39 PM
-
By buxus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 05:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00

TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit
$199.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00