Anyone have an idea. I am lost here.![]()
When trying to do a hard drive install of version 3.4 it works fine until it tried to create a initrd.img file for the 2.6.6 Kernel:
Thus created a 0 length file called initrd.img-2.6.6. When it reboots after the HD install it fails with a kernel panicCode:/usr/sbin/mkinitrd: add_modules_2_5: modprobe failed FATAL: Module sd_mod not found
The Knoppix-installer works fine on other machines, but when I try it on my dell poweredge 2600 it fails. I know there is a module called sd_mod.ko. I guess this was not included on the origonal knoppix cd. It should be under /lib/modules/2.6.6/kernel/drivers/scsi/sd_mod.ko, but it does not exist. Was this supposed to be included? if yes, why is it not there? Was this one of the SCSI drivers that was causing problems with hte 5/4 relase of 3.4?
Any help withy this would be great.
Thanks
Anyone have an idea. I am lost here.![]()

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Datto S3P4000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$137.56
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99