Anyone have an idea. I am lost here.![]()
When trying to do a hard drive install of version 3.4 it works fine until it tried to create a initrd.img file for the 2.6.6 Kernel:
Thus created a 0 length file called initrd.img-2.6.6. When it reboots after the HD install it fails with a kernel panicCode:/usr/sbin/mkinitrd: add_modules_2_5: modprobe failed FATAL: Module sd_mod not found
The Knoppix-installer works fine on other machines, but when I try it on my dell poweredge 2600 it fails. I know there is a module called sd_mod.ko. I guess this was not included on the origonal knoppix cd. It should be under /lib/modules/2.6.6/kernel/drivers/scsi/sd_mod.ko, but it does not exist. Was this supposed to be included? if yes, why is it not there? Was this one of the SCSI drivers that was causing problems with hte 5/4 relase of 3.4?
Any help withy this would be great.
Thanks
Anyone have an idea. I am lost here.![]()

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
CISCO UCS-MR-X64G2RW SK hynix 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 2R X4 RAM HMAA8GR7CJR4N-XN
$840.00
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99
CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00