Anyone have an idea. I am lost here.![]()
When trying to do a hard drive install of version 3.4 it works fine until it tried to create a initrd.img file for the 2.6.6 Kernel:
Thus created a 0 length file called initrd.img-2.6.6. When it reboots after the HD install it fails with a kernel panicCode:/usr/sbin/mkinitrd: add_modules_2_5: modprobe failed FATAL: Module sd_mod not found
The Knoppix-installer works fine on other machines, but when I try it on my dell poweredge 2600 it fails. I know there is a module called sd_mod.ko. I guess this was not included on the origonal knoppix cd. It should be under /lib/modules/2.6.6/kernel/drivers/scsi/sd_mod.ko, but it does not exist. Was this supposed to be included? if yes, why is it not there? Was this one of the SCSI drivers that was causing problems with hte 5/4 relase of 3.4?
Any help withy this would be great.
Thanks
Anyone have an idea. I am lost here.![]()

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Laptop 14" FHD Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$289.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50