-
Junior Member
registered user
LUFS network filesystems kernel module
http://lufs.sourceforge.net/lufs/fs.html
This is a kernel module that allows mounting ftp, ssh, sftp and others as a normal "local" filesystem. Similar to KDE3.1's kio_fish, this is a module and daemon that can be used by any application.
I'd love to see this in some future releases. I'm working on one now, based on eadz's KnoppixKDE; but I'm a hack when it comes to anything moderately complicated.

Please consider this, as I'm sure you can see the usefullness of it. Here's a usage example from the site:
Mount example:
[user@localhost]$ lufsmount sshfs://[email protected] ~/mnt/lufs –-fmask=444 -–dmask=555
or, using mount:
[root@localhost]# mount -t lufs none /mnt/lufs -o nosuid,fs=sshfs,host=lufs.sourceforge.net,username =mali,fmode=444,dmode=555
This would be a fantastic match with Knoppix. The usefulness is mouth-watering. Please, please sneak this into the next KnoppixKDE, hell, the next Knoppix.
-
Wow, I think you're right !!
This would be a really good idea to include...
(maybe this post should be in "ideas" section though)
I've often tried Mandrake, and even in it's present state Knoppix outperforms it when it comes to browsing my network.
Suppose somebody will have to do a remaster with this one.
I'll take a look and will see if I understand how it works and maybe try one...
Thanx for letting people get to know 'bout this.
Similar Threads
-
By littleKoala in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 11:56 AM
-
By MrAhmad in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 11:45 AM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By bamarob in forum Ideas
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 03:37 PM
-
By david in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Link Terminal Mechanical Keyboard Alps Black Switches 840352-30
$59.95

Vintage AutoCAD 2000i Upgrade Boxed CD & Key Code
$144.45

Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor Other
$299.99

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99

RARE Vintage Radius Apple MAC II Full Page Display board NOS Andy Hertzfeld
$500.00

Socket 3 PCI Motherboard, DTK PKM-0033S E-0, 486DX4-100 +32MB Vintage, Working
$119.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½" Floppy Drive DB-19 Beige | P/N A9M0106
$159.00

Vintage 90s PC Intel Pentium, cards, no HDD
$80.00

CompuAdd 325TX Vintage Laptop Portable Computer - Model/MPN 325TX for parts read
$75.00