-
<previous post>
I don't want to have to press a key when I reboot Knoppix S90knoppix-reboot, but I don't see what I've to remove.
</previous post>
I'm answering my own question here. I was right. There is a knoppix specific /etc/init. I moddified /etc/init.d/knoppix-halt(knoppix-reboot is a symlink of knoppix-halt) to prevent the use of the knoppix specific /etc/init. I commented out a couple lines to look like the following:
# Note: This needs the KNOPPIX version of static "init" which contains
# the "halt" command plus rmmod/umount calls
FINALCMD="/sbin/$command"
#if [ -z "$INSTALLED" ]; then
[ -x /etc/init ] || cp -p /sbin/init /etc/
[ -x /etc/init ] && FINALCMD="/etc/init"
#fi
This prevents the "Press return" message. However, I don't know what the further ramifications of this are. I have not noticed anything amiss as a result, but there is more than "Press return" in the knoppix specific /etc/init. Maybe someone closer to the project could elaborate?
Similar Threads
-
By torbu in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 11:33 AM
-
By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 04:40 PM
-
By pankajgadhari in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 04:24 AM
-
By pankajgadhari in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 10:12 AM
-
By benmayim in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00

Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 32 Core + 50 CALs Sealed New
$97.96