-
Some questions about using Knoppix (Newbie)
I plan to switch to Linux someday. I used Mandrake for a few days, but dual booting really messed up my system. So, I formatted, and went back to Windows. Now I really am considering using Knoppix until I'm good at it, then maybe switching.
Here's my questions:
1. Does Knoppix run Wine easily, or do you need to do a setup process?
2. Will it auto-mount my USB keydrive?
3. Can I save my files and settings on said keydrive?
4. Does it have anything better than gAIM that Mandrake had? (I thought gAIM was horrible)
5. Does it support more fonts than Mandrake had? the internet looked terrible with the limited fonts.
6. Does it have a built in Mp3/video player? Mandrake's crashed upon startup.
7. Will it preserve my settings and files if I choose to format the drive and install Linux on it?
That's it. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Yojimbo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 10:33 PM
-
By d_jedi in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 03:34 PM
-
By pez_king in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 05:38 PM
-
By Xeogears13 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-29-2003, 05:57 AM
-
By digitaldeity in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Mitel IP 485G VoIP 8-Line Color Display Business Desk Phone - IP485G
$32.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00