Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: how can i disabled the knoppix index.html page at setup

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4

    how can i disabled the knoppix index.html page at setup

    how can i disabled the knoppix index.html page at setup?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    92
    http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080/~sunil/knoppix.php


    FAQ
    1) How do I stop konquerer at startup

    - Ambrose

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL ,USA
    Posts
    11

    Re: how can i disabled the knoppix index.html page at setup

    Quote Originally Posted by shayl6
    how can i disabled the knoppix index.html page at setup?
    I did it easily, Open the Iso in an application such as "WinISO" delete or edit [autorun.bat]

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Shayl6,

    I did it, when I was running on v3.3 CD (not hard drive installed), but it required using "Save Configuration" from the KMenu --> Knoppix --> Configuration ( or was it a "persistant Home" ?)

    Anyway, unless you do as heldersepu suggests, and change the actual ISO for the CD, any changes you make with booting the CD, are not going to be retained on your next boot of the CD, unless you save configs (or Home).

    With that said, I am sure that the reply that Ambrose posted, from the FAQ may be the way I am thinking of doing it. Sorry, Ambrose, I didn't actually "look" at the link, but I am sure it is what I did, when I ran the CD, and also was running the CD with "Save Configs" and a "Persistant Home", along with a Swap. The FAQ's on this web site are fantastic, most, if not all, of the questions I have ever had, have been covered in them, and written so well, even a wet-footed soul as myself was able to follow them.

    Hope this helps,
    Ms. Cuddles

Similar Threads

  1. Index.html in /ramdisk/var/www and chainging permissions
    By JHM_MKE in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 03:48 PM
  2. file:/cdrom/index.html
    By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:07 PM
  3. file:/cdrom/index.html
    By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:06 PM
  4. File:/cdrom/index.html does not exist
    By evilmrhenry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 05:51 PM
  5. Decent HTML editor and FTP program for Knoppix (CD Boot)
    By silicosick in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 06:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard

$95.99



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99



ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$75.00