-
Some questions about using Knoppix (Newbie)
I plan to switch to Linux someday. I used Mandrake for a few days, but dual booting really messed up my system. So, I formatted, and went back to Windows. Now I really am considering using Knoppix until I'm good at it, then maybe switching.
Here's my questions:
1. Does Knoppix run Wine easily, or do you need to do a setup process?
2. Will it auto-mount my USB keydrive?
3. Can I save my files and settings on said keydrive?
4. Does it have anything better than gAIM that Mandrake had? (I thought gAIM was horrible)
5. Does it support more fonts than Mandrake had? the internet looked terrible with the limited fonts.
6. Does it have a built in Mp3/video player? Mandrake's crashed upon startup.
7. Will it preserve my settings and files if I choose to format the drive and install Linux on it?
That's it. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Yojimbo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 10:33 PM
-
By d_jedi in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 03:34 PM
-
By pez_king in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 05:38 PM
-
By Xeogears13 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-29-2003, 05:57 AM
-
By digitaldeity in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung PM43H 43" Commercial Display READ
$300.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+ 5G Tablet 11” 128GB Memory /6gb Ram gray
$190.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00