-
Kernal panic error -- won't boot! Please help..
I'm a complete newb to both linux & knoppix, but after playing around with Linspire for a while I realized that knoppix was a much better choice. I found out that the old installer script was unavailable, so I followed directions from some post to knx-hdinstall from debian.tu-bs.de.
After I ran the script (after choosing to format over my old Linspire partitions), I got no error messages, but when I actually try to boot into Linux I get a host of woes. I tried both the "Beginner" and "Debian" installation modes, with different messages but same results.
With the "Beginner" one I get just half a screen of error messages, but the one that counts (probably) is this:
initrd-tools: 0.1.67
mount: fs type devfs not supported by kernal
then finally
Kernal panic: Attempted to kill init!
And that's that--nothing more happens. When I run the "Debian" installer, I get pages upon pages of error messages, but finally ends up the same way with the same error messages that stop the process.
HELP! I had absolutely no problems running Knoppix off the CD, loved it, and all I want is a hd install. What could possibly be the problem here??? Please help!
Similar Threads
-
By lbenn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 11:08 PM
-
By jimmyjrosu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 08:26 PM
-
By dinacre in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 11:15 PM
-
By motthe3rd in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 07:26 PM
-
By scottb908 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39