-
I get the same kernal panic problem no matter which kernal I try to boot into (basically, I can't get a working LinuxOS going, whether it's "Linux", "Linux2.4" or "Linux2.6". The initrd thing may be something, because I get the following message when I try to run mkfs.ext3:
mkfs.ext3: Device size reported to be zero. Invalid partition specified, or
partition table wasn't reread after funning fdisk, due to
a modified partition being busy and in use. You may need to reboot
to re-read your partition table.
When I try mkfs.reiserfs, I get this:
reiserfs_create: can not create that small (0 blocks) filesystem
When I try to mount hda3, I get the same message that I got when I tried to mount WinXP, mainly
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda3
As for editing (or deleting) initrd, I can't get to it because I can't mount the drive..
Should I simply start all over again with my partitions (i.e., go back into WindowsXP and use PartitionMagic, delete all partitions, and start again)? I must have tried to install this thing more than 15 times now, and it's getting really frustrating.
Similar Threads
-
By lbenn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 11:08 PM
-
By jimmyjrosu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 08:26 PM
-
By dinacre in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 11:15 PM
-
By motthe3rd in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 07:26 PM
-
By scottb908 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D
$142.50