-
Network Status Indicators/LEDs
Hey everyone! This is my first post here, so be gentle. I just started using knoppix and have it installed as my primary os. I've got everything set up just the way I like it, but I just want one more thing. Back in my Windows days, I used to have a network status light indicator in my system tray. I've used Gentoo Linux on my xbox and have seen the same thing. I was wondering if I could have something like that in my linux taskbar, next to the clock where my keyboard layout icon is. Is this possible? What do I need to install?
Thanks!
Adam
-
I installed gkrellm, and its kind of what I want... just not as simplistic. If there's nothing else, how can I run gkrellm? I went to my console and typed 'gkrellm' and the program ran, but when i closed the console session, gkrellm closed as well. How can I get gkrellm to run without the console there?
Or better yet, any other programs I can use? I've seen one in action and know it exists... just don't know the name.
And by the way, I'm running KDE. Sorry about not mentioning that before.
Thanks!
Adam
-
Sorry for posting again so soon, but Run Program... gkrellm took care of my first problem. Anyone else have any ideas for traffic monitoring?
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 08:07 PM
-
By ThomasX in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2005, 03:09 PM
-
By Darkman348 in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 10:44 PM
-
By dragonx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 11:55 AM
-
By neil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2003, 04:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition 3.0GHz Processor SR2PA LGA2011 10 Core CPU
$162.95

Intel Core i7-8700T SR3WX 2.40GHz Processor
$65.00

Intel Core i5-12400 Processor SRL4V
$115.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00