Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Network Status Indicators/LEDs

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    4

    Network Status Indicators/LEDs

    Hey everyone! This is my first post here, so be gentle. I just started using knoppix and have it installed as my primary os. I've got everything set up just the way I like it, but I just want one more thing. Back in my Windows days, I used to have a network status light indicator in my system tray. I've used Gentoo Linux on my xbox and have seen the same thing. I was wondering if I could have something like that in my linux taskbar, next to the clock where my keyboard layout icon is. Is this possible? What do I need to install?

    Thanks!
    Adam

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    4
    I installed gkrellm, and its kind of what I want... just not as simplistic. If there's nothing else, how can I run gkrellm? I went to my console and typed 'gkrellm' and the program ran, but when i closed the console session, gkrellm closed as well. How can I get gkrellm to run without the console there?

    Or better yet, any other programs I can use? I've seen one in action and know it exists... just don't know the name.

    And by the way, I'm running KDE. Sorry about not mentioning that before.

    Thanks!
    Adam

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    4
    Sorry for posting again so soon, but Run Program... gkrellm took care of my first problem. Anyone else have any ideas for traffic monitoring?

Similar Threads

  1. Status on overlay filesystem?
    By neuron in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 08:07 PM
  2. hdparm, HD spindown, how to get status?
    By ThomasX in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 03:09 PM
  3. Trouble with Kppp exit status 19
    By Darkman348 in forum Networking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 10:44 PM
  4. KDE boot-up status box background
    By dragonx in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 11:55 AM
  5. Socket status: 30000011
    By neil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 04:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$482.02



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$393.73



1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00 picture

1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00

$150.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$16.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1775.56



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cac picture

WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cac

$25.17



NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD

$444.99



2026 SGIN 15.6

2026 SGIN 15.6" Laptop Intel Core i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Backlit Keyboard

$335.99