-
messed up partitiontable -help with gpart
I have a HD from which the partition table is partional deleted. and I'm trying to restore it with gpart.
I read the man pages and mailing about the suppject but can't seem to find the answer.
Maybe somebody here can help .
I have a 40 GB maxtor HD. and was trying a reinstall of knoppix 3.4
This was the partition table before problems; hda1 - 39MB XFSfilesystem, hda5 -494MB linuxswap , hda6 - 7,4GB XFS , hda7 - 19GB XFS and hda8 - 11,8GB XFS.
Now hda7 and hda8 entries where deleted (not formatted) and on these partitions was back-up of the first partitions.
I only need these 2 partitions back (hda7 and hda
cause I was resizing and formating the other parttitions
when it happened.
here is ouput of gpart ;
oot@ttyp0[floppy]# gpart /dev/hda
Begin scan...
Possible partition(SGI XFS filesystem), size(34mb), offset(0mb)
Possible extended partition at offset(39mb)
Possible partition(Linux swap), size(494mb), offset(39mb)
Possible partition(SGI XFS filesystem), size(7588mb), offset(533mb)
Possible extended partition at offset(8158mb)
Possible partition(SGI XFS filesystem), size(19088mb), offset(8159mb)
Possible partition(SGI XFS filesystem), size(11826mb), offset(27251mb)
End scan.
Checking partitions...
* Warning: more than one extended partition: 2.
Partition(Linux ext2 filesystem): primary
Partition(Linux swap or Solaris/x86): logical
Partition(Linux ext2 filesystem): logical
Partition(Linux ext2 filesystem): invalid
Partition(Linux ext2 filesystem): primary
Ok.
Guessed primary partition table:
Primary partition(1)
type: 131(0x83)(Linux ext2 filesystem)
size: 34mb #s(70656) s(63-7071
chs: (0/1/1)-(4/102/33)d (0/1/1)-(4/102/33)r
Primary partition(2)
type: 015(0x0F)(Extended DOS, LBA)
size: 6644mb #s(13607055) s(80325-13687379)
chs: (5/0/1)-(851/254/63)d (5/0/1)-(851/254/63)r
Primary partition(3)
type: 131(0x83)(Linux ext2 filesystem)
size: 11826mb #s(2422164
s(55812015-80033662)
chs: (1023/254/63)-(1023/254/63)d (3474/35/1)-(4981/220/3
r
Primary partition(4)
type: 000(0x00)(unused)
size: 0mb #s(0) s(0-0)
chs: (0/0/0)-(0/0/0)d (0/0/0)-(0/0/0)r
the scan is good , but the partitioncheck and guessed partitiontable are not good I think.
I only need back the last 2 entrys of the scan section.
Possible partition(SGI XFS filesystem), size(19088mb), offset(8159mb)
Possible partition(SGI XFS filesystem), size(11826mb), offset(27251mb)
What parameters or options should I give to gpart to write back a partiontable with at least these 2 partitions?
ps here is a the info I have about disk;
hda1 startsector 63 39MB XFS
80262sectors
cyl 0 to 4
hda5 startsector 80388 494 MB linux swap
1012032 sectors
cyl 5 to 67
hda6 startsector 1092483 7,4 GB XFS
15550857 sectors
cyl 68 to 1035
hda7 and hda8 +- 30GB (together) XFS
63399924 sectors
cyl 1040 to 4982
----
Hope somebody can help,
thanks,
jack renders
Similar Threads
-
By OpenIntro in forum General Support
Replies: 17
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 10:33 PM
-
By doesnotcompute in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:12 AM
-
By astump in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-06-2005, 07:21 PM
-
By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 10:49 AM
-
By Baraboo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$250.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00