Well, I tried it with just the nodma option and it worked great. I thought that by running it failsafe that the nodma would be included but I guess not. Hope this thread helps others![]()
Greetings,
I'm trying to boot a recent (downloaded a week ago) version of knoppix on my new hp laptop and it freezes during bootup. I get the following:
[penguin logo here]
Welcome...yadda yadda...
Scanning for USB/Firewire devices.... Done.
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hda [gobbledygook]
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hdc [DVD+RW]
Looking for CDROM in: /dev/scd0
That's where it freezes. I have tried failsafe, dma, xmodule=vesa but I always get the above.
The cd works great with my desktop.
Any suggestions?
Well, I tried it with just the nodma option and it worked great. I thought that by running it failsafe that the nodma would be included but I guess not. Hope this thread helps others![]()

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD
$84.99
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99