-
Mouse Curiosity
The mouse works pretty well using kernel 2.6.5, but not at all w/2.4.xx. Since I originally set it up to use kernel 2.6.5, do I need to copy the XF86Config file to make it work for 2.4.xx? If so, which file do I copy? (Hint: I'm brand spankin' new to Debian.)
Thanks!
...Yogi
-
Senior Member
registered user
Since I originally set it up to use kernel 2.6.5, do I need to copy the XF86Config file to make it work for 2.4.xx?
Im assuming that you are on the same machine.In that case if you are just changing kernels you do not need to copy the file XF86Config anywhere because the same file is being used across kernels.
As to your mouse not working there can be thousand of reasons like for example if you have usb mouse and it works in one kernel and not in the other most likely reason is there is some driver problem.
---------------------------------------------------
Free Software,Free Speech , Free Society
http://bhavesh.freeshell.org
Similar Threads
-
By Stealth870 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 12:18 AM
-
By xdentan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-23-2004, 01:50 AM
-
By PhR057Y in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 11:27 PM
-
By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM
-
By woodpusher in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2002, 12:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco WS-C3850-48P-S 48-Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch w/ 10G Uplink Module Options
$259.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00