-
Junior Member
registered user
NTFS Write: Safe to use 3.4/2.6?
Linux Defender Live! CD supplements Knoppix 3.4 so that it will safely write to NTFS. Will a barefoot Knoppix 3.4 /2.6 safely write to NTFS?
-
Junior Member
registered user
I've tried doing this.. I set my ntfs partition so that I could write to it.. I tried it and found that I had no joy.. Problem is.. now.. I can no longer view this partition from windows.. Works fine inside knoppix but windows now see's it as an unknown file type..
any suggestions on how I can convert the drive back to ntfs without removing the content?
thanks in advance.. and good luck to those brave enough to try this..
-
Getting the data restored
There is one way that I can think of, but not being an expert in this field, it may not be ideal.
If possible, you could create a new partition (FAT32?) and copy all of the data to it, and then recreate the original partition using Windows NT/2k/XP setup. Although this would mean loss of applications and user settings, all data would be kept. I think that the command is cfdisk.
HTH,
Paul.
Similar Threads
-
By someuser77 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-13-2005, 08:01 PM
-
By harry66 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 05:03 PM
-
By terminator in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 10:52 PM
-
By FlorianK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 02:16 PM
-
By aashtonk in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$3199.00

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

32GB 2Rx8 PC4 - 3200AA - SE1-13 (x2) 64GB - Laptop Memory
$260.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz Memory DIMM Tested Excellent Condition
$155.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98