-
Junior Member
registered user
How are you publicising Knoppix? :)
hi all, just a thread to see how ppl are going about letting the world know of the magic of live linux on cd...
i work as a consultant in various industries and find myself always burning one or two copies of knoppix while i'm on the road. the fun part is that i meet technology people all the time who have NOT had the opportunity to use linux (corporate world) and i just hand them the cd for free. its wonderful to hear them come back and say they are impressed and want to learn more ...
anyone with similar stories?
-
Senior Member
registered user
RE: How are you publicising Knoppix? :)
I am helping to promote Penguicon, where we will be handing out Knoppix discs. This may sound like preaching to the choir, but many of the attendees are from the science fiction fandom community and need a place to start with Linux and open source. When I contact Linux and general computer user groups about Penguicon or give presentations on any subject, I ALWAYS mention Knoppix. When I contact Unix/Linux news sites I do the same.
When I go to computer trade shows in my area, I always take a couple of discs with me -- you never know WHO you will run into. Plans are in the works for our LUG to get a table at the shows and sell discs while we promote our group.
My signature on discussion forums includes links to both Penguicon and this site.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98