-
Knoppix with reiser4 support- does one exist?
Has anyone created, or know of a custom Knoppix 3.4 with a 2.6 kernel with reiser4 support? I use Knoppix to install Gentoo, as I'm on dialup only, and it makes it pretty easy, but I'd like to try reiser4 on root.
There is a minimal Gentoo live cd with reiser4 support created by Redeeman, with his own kernel, but it has no ppp networking, any Gentoo stages, or wvdial on it, and after I create the reiser4 partitions I can't boot to Knoppix and access the Gentoo partition, as Knoppix doesn't read/write to reiser4. Also, the Redeeman live-cd doesn't seem able to see my other reiser3 partitions, so I can't copy packages from them either.
The ideal solution would be to boot to the Redeeman cd and create the reiser4 partitions, do the first part of my Gentoo install, and then use a customized Knoppix "reiser4" live cd to get internet access or copy packages from another partition, and finish up the Gentoo install. This is my normal way of Gentoo installation.
I've looked for an already made Knoppix custom, but haven't found one yet. Before I try to build one, I'd like to know if it's even possible, and if not, why not? I've been reading some how-tos on Knoppix remastering, and they look pretty involved, and I'd rather avoid spending days figuring them out, if there is already such a custom Knoppix reiser4 cd available somewhere.
Thanks,
wrc1944
Similar Threads
-
By antec in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 07:08 PM
-
By flebber in forum General Support
Replies: 36
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 09:09 PM
-
By rabinhood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 09:27 AM
-
By Rob_S in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-24-2004, 03:17 PM
-
By rtcary in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-06-2003, 06:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASRock B550M Steel Legend AMD Socket AM4
$125.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99